Thursday, January 29, 2009

January 2009 Daring Baker's Challenge



This month's challenge is brought to us by Karen of Bake My Day and Zorra of 1x umruenhren bitte aka Kochtopf. They have chosen Tuiles from The Chocolate Book by Angelique Schmeink and Nougatine and Chocolate Tuiles from Michel Roux.

This month's challenge was to use on of the batters we were given (sweet, gluten-free, or savory) and shape it before or after baking. We then had to pair the tuile with something light. I selected the sweet option and made a chocolate tuile and paired it with a raspberry mousse. I had never made either item prior to today so this was a challenge for me. However, I found both to be quite easy to make. Karen of Bake My Day made her tuiles in the shape of butterflies which were so cute, but I opted to take the plain route as I am just starting. I was happy with the way my challenge came out, and my boyfriend (Superman) enjoyed the tuiles as well. I have quite a bit of work to do in appearance and presentation however. 

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the group! I did the choclate ones too, and loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing your first DB Challenge! Chocolate and raspberries are always a tasty paring. Good job and welcome to DB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate and raspberry. Nice pairing. Congrats on finishing your first challenge and welcome to DB.

    ReplyDelete